this is a great recipe for those wishing to cook an amazing rib eye steak in a pan and get a great result.
what you need
4 tbs Smokey Joe's espresso rub
salt to season/taste
2 600-700 rib eye or t-bone steaks
what to do
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees c.
2. Preheat a cast iron pan over high heat. Brush each side of the steak with oil and then season each side liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Rub the coffee rub onto each side of steak.
4. Cook the steak, until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the steak over, cook for 2 minutes
5. Transfer to a baking sheet and finish in the oven to medium-rare doneness, about 8 to 10 minutes, (12 minutes for medium)
6. Remove, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.