Roasted Garlic Sauce is simple recipe that is so delicious! Your kitchen will be filled with the most maddening, irresistible, and mouth-watering aromas imaginable!
Roasting garlic makes it sweet, mellow, creamy, and even more flavorful. There are so many uses for this sauce, such as on a great steak, with pasta or rice, or chicken, on vegetable, etc.
Let your imagination be your guide with this Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce.
Oven roasted garlic is milder than raw garlic as garlic becomes very mellow and easy to spread after cooking. In fact, raw garlic is two to four times stronger in flavor.
what you need
3 large heads garlic (peeled into cloves)
1 cup olive oil
½ cup fresh oregano leaves
juice of two limes
juice of two oranges
salt to taste (at least ½ teaspoon)
)½ teaspoon black pepper
what to do
1. Place the garlic cloves in a single layer in a pan or baking dish. Cover with the oil.
2. Bake at 400f/200c for 30 minutes, or longer until the garlic has developed a golden colour. Remove the cloves from the oil.
3. In a food processor, combine the lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and oregano leaves. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
4. Add the garlic cloves and pulse again.
5. Turn the processor on, and slowly add the oil in a steady stream.
6. Add more salt, if necessary.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, some oil will settle to the top.