recipe & photo credit @_jos_kitchen
Did someone say chargrilled lamb burgers? I think they did!! Caramelised onions, charred roasted capsicum, flame grilled lamb patties topped with a homemade minty yoghurt sauce.
This is another one of Jos featured recipes on the new @chargrilleraustralia website and these burgers won't disappoint, I promise 😋
• 600g lamb mince
• 1 egg
• ½ cup breadcrumbs
• 2 onions (1 ½ onions thinly sliced, ½ onion grated)
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
• 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• Salt and pepper to season
• 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
• ½ Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and grated
• olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 large red capsicum/pepper (deseeded and quartered)
• 1 Turkish bread loaf, cut into 4 pieces and sliced horizontally
• Mixed baby lettuce leaves
• Mix in a bowl the Greek yoghurt, grated cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped mint. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
• Pre-heat BBQ to 350F/180 degrees C
• In a large bowl place, the lamb mince, egg, breadcrumbs, grated onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon cumin, paprika, mint and season with salt and pepper. Using hands combine well and shape into 4 equal sized patties.
• On the BBQ hotplate or in a skillet over direct heat, cook the sliced onions in 1 tablespoon of oil and butter until soft and golden.
• Coat the sliced capsicum in a little oil and cook over direct heat for 4-6 minutes each side or until its softened and slightly charred.
• Grill the lamb patties for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
• Toast the bread, cut side down on the grill for 1 minute or until it is toasted.
• Place lettuce leaf onto toasted bun base, stack pattie, capsicum, onions on top. Serve with yoghurt dip and your favourite sides.
Feeling hungry, why not make your burger with a double the lamb patties 😅