Updated: Nov 22, 2019
It's summer time and time to dust off the barbecue, enjoy the warmer weather and serve up this delicious chicken meal that is fast and easy to prepare. These Greek-inspired kebabs are perfect served with pita bread, lemon wedges and Tzatziki
What you need
400g chicken thighs cut into 25mm cubes
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 red onion cut into 25m pieces
2 tbs of Smokey Joe's Souvlaki mix
2 cloves garlic crushed
zest of one lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
what to do
1. Place chicken, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, smokey Joe's Souvlaki blend olive and oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Thread chicken, tomatoes and onion onto skewers. Season with salt
3. Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat.
4. Cook skewers for about 6 to 7 minutes, each side or until browned and cooked through.
5. Brush both sides of pita bread with remaining oil. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
Sprinkle skewers with parsley. Serve in the Pita bread with fresh salad,Tzatziki and lemon wedges
"Hint, if using wood skewers remember to soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning, if cooking over charcoal use metal skewers".